Hair removal at the Nevaeh Spa
Our Nevaeh Spa Estheticians perform both traditional waxing and sugaring hair removal.
As sugaring demands additional training and much practice to perfect, many estheticians prefer not to offer it. As one of the only salon/spas in the area offering sugaring for the past two years, we have converted many clients from waxing. We have yet had anyone revert back to waxing. We have found that sugaring lasts longer, can be more thorough and leave a smoother skin texture as it also exfoliates dead skin cells in the process. It is all natural without added chemicals or harsh additives and is room temperature so will never burn the skin. It is also great for those extremely sensitive areas.
Sugaring and waxing are both effective hair removal techniques and our estheticians are highly trained in both methods.
What is sugaring?
Sugaring hair removal is similar to waxing, however the sugar paste is made from natural food substances. A paste or gel is created from sugar, water and sometimes lemon or lime – but there are many sugaring recipe combinations.
If you have never tried it before, get 20% OFF Sugaring on this link.
How is sugaring hair removal performed?
It is then removed by flicking it off in the direction of the hair growth.
What are the benefits of sugaring ?
- The sugar paste dissolves in water, meaning that it’s easier to remove than wax with no sticky residue as is common with waxing.
- Over time, frequent sugaring can cause the hair follicles to be weakened and can stop hair growth altogether
- If sugaring misses any hairs then it can be reapplied as it will not irritate the skin.
- Generally people find hair removal by sugaring less painful in areas such as bikini and lip.
- Hair removal by sugaring generally lasts longer than waxing.
- Sugaring pulls hair out in the natural direction of hair growth minimizing ingrowns.
What is waxing hair removal?
Waxing is a temporary hair removal technique which removes hair from the root rather than just the tip like shaving and hair removal with hot Wax is designed to remove large amounts of hair at one time instead of individually like tweezing.
Using warm or hot wax, it’s spread over the area that needs waxing and is applied in the direction of the hair growth. The wax is then quickly pulled off the skin using a waxing strip, in the opposite direction of the hair growth, pulling the hair out of the follicle.
How often should I wax?
Everyone’s hair growth will have a different result from waxing, as your hair growth is individual to you. However, this type of hair removal should last between two to eight weeks.
What parts of the body can be waxed?
- eyebrow waxing
- chin and upper lip waxing
- full body
- leg waxing
- chest waxing
- back waxing
- bikini waxes
- and Brazilian waxing
Waxing is an effective and beneficial form of hair removal because:
- It’s a long lasting form of hair removal.
- Waxing removes hair from the root so it ensures a clean and smooth finish.
- It’s quick and easy.
- It’s perfect for the busy professional.
- Areas that are waxed over a long period of time can experience regrowth that is softer.
Are there times I can’t get a wax and why?
Sometimes there are cases when your skin can’t be waxed and this could be due to your skin being too sensitive, having a skin condition or a medical reason.
A professional Spa consultation will make sure that you’re suitable for waxing but in the meantime take a look at our checklist to see if you may be unsuitable for waxing:
- Bruisers / cuts/ abrasions – It’s best if you wait till these heal, as waxing can reopen wounds and make bruises worse.
- Scar tissue / operations – It’s advised that you wait 6 months till getting waxed as it can interfere with the healing process.
- Eczema / Psoriasis/ Dermatitis / – Waxing can cause these skin conditions to bleed, weep and make your skin even more sensitive.
- Bacterial / Fungal / Viral infections – Many of these are contagious and you should wait until they have fully cleared up.
- Sunburn – skin would be too painful to apply hot wax over and you should wait between 24 hours to 48 hours for waxing.
- Medication / Diabetes / Varicose veins – all of these require a physician’s guidance prior to having a waxing treatment.
Sugaring and Waxing hair removal prices at the Nevaeh Spa
|Waxing or Sugaring|
|Lip or Chin||$10|
- We cannot wax or sugar if the client is on Accutane, Retin-A or Antibiotics
- Hair must be ¼ in. growth (or 4-6 weeks) for waxing
- Hair must be 1/16 in. growth (or 1 ½ – 2 weeks) for sugaring
- Exfoliation prior to any waxing or sugaring appointment is key for the best results